Thursday, December 4, 2014

Tequila and Tea Bags by Laura Barnard

Tequila And Tea Bags By Laura Barnard
BLURB:
 Sent to live with her cousin Elsie in the Yorkshire countryside, Rose has only one thing on her mind; joining her friends as a club rep in Mexico.

When she hears about a council incentive offering the promise of free flights to the person who clocks the most volunteering hours at the local care home, she’s got her plan set.
But she doesn’t plan on bonding with the old ladies, going after the village bad boy and trying to persuade Elsie not to become a Nun.

Soon she’s questioning who her real friends are and whether her old life is one she wants to return to.

Can the village win her over and will she win the chance to leave it behind? Will she even want to?

 MY REVIEW:
Five Panda's!
(Or stars, if you MUST!)
 I was given this book for an honest Review at Books Are My Escape.
The blurb had me very interested from the start.
Then I started reading it and I really could not put this book down. It went everywhere with me, to the doctor, to the bathtub, and into the night, when I was reading instead of sleeping.
This is the story of Rose, and how she is sent to live in the country with her cousin Elsie, who by the way wants to be a nun. When you are a party girl who is looking to go live it up in Mexico, nuns are the last thing you want to be dealing with.
Trying to get her way paid to Mexico, she hears about an incentive program to clock hours working in a care home for the elderly. The person who volunteers the most, get a paid holiday.
So it is off to the care home for Rose, where she meets a very perplexing boss. Then there is the village bad boy, and a slew of friends that she didn't think she would ever meet, let alone like.
This story is sweet, sassy and emotional! I cried, laughed, yelled, and cringed right along with Rose.
I will admit, that my English is American English, so some of the terms got me, but not enough that I didn't know what was going on.
I would highly recommend this book to readers that like a good story with all the fixings, bad boys, good boys, parties, nuns. Yep, has all that and more..Tequila and Tea Bags, is a great read!



 Find Laura here:
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
AUTHOR WEBSITE
GOODREADS


No comments:

Post a Comment