Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Jessica MacIntyre

The Vampires Of  Soldiers Cove Book 1
Blurb:
When 24 year old Rachel Landry, who suffers from a debilitating mental illness, receives a knock at her door one night from a stranger she gets an offer she can’t refuse. The chance to live as a vampire, gaining eternal life and relative sanity seems like a great plan. Soon she comes to realize she has been turned for a specific purpose and her vampire existence may be short lived. Also the handsome stranger may not be as much of a stranger as she thought. Facing her demons along with new enemies she must come to rely on her own strength to save her life, and the life of her new clan.

My Review: 5 pandas! 

I bought the book because the blurb sounded very interesting.
I was not let down at all, Jessica MacIntyre brings new life to vampires and added in satyr's too.
While reading this book I was swept away into a story that I could not put down. I wanted to know what would happen with Gavin & Rachel.
I felt invested in the story and the characters lives. I absolutely cannot wait for more in this series.
I feel as strongly about Gavin & Rachel and even Duncan, as I did about Anne Rice's Louis & Lestat!
I would recommend this book for anyone that is a fan of vampires, romance and hot steamy scenes as well!


BUY LINKS:
AMAZON 
B&N 

The Vampires Of Soldiers Cove: One Crow Sorrow
  Blurb:
 When Gavin begins acting strange and eventually disappears after the return of his estranged brother Ian, Rachel is left thinking she has been abandoned. Soon thereafter a string of gruesome murders between St. Peter’s and Chapel Island lead everyone except Rachel to believe that Gavin has returned to his murderous ways. With Ian’s help Rachel sets out to find Gavin and prove his innocence before Angus is forced to give the order to kill on sight.

My Review: 5 Panda's 

I was very excited to read The Vampires Of Soldiers Cove: One Crow Sorrow! We meet Rachel at the halfway point of her transformation. The same characters I fell in love with are all back, Rachel, Gavin, Duncan, Holly, Aries. As well as the addition of Ian and Alexander. Rachel knows something is wrong with Gavin. She just doesn't know what. Can she save him, will he let her save him? Can he forgive her for a deal she made and a betrayal even she is shocked about?
These characters have real emotions, and are put into situations that would make most people blush.
The trials that Jessica writes for her characters are always believable in the genre. I love the twists and turn of this book, the writing has improved from book one, the characters seem more alive.
I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book! And Jessica MacIntyre is by far one of my favorite authors!


Buy LINKS:
AMAZON 
B&N 

The Vampires Of Soldiers Cove: The Unborn
 Blurb:
 After Rachel’s guilt proves to be too much she heads for the city, running from her conscience. Shortly thereafter she realizes that life in Halifax brings with it a whole new set of complications she may not be ready for. These vampires have an entirely different way of life and flying under the radar soon proves to be impossible. When push comes to shove she is forced to make a choice between her old life in Soldiers Cove with Gavin, or a new life in the city with Christina, head of the Halifax Vampire Authority.

My Review: 5 Panda's 

I am not sure how Jessica MacIntyre keeps getting better and better with these books! The Unborn is book 3 in The Vampires Of Soldiers Cove series. After all the things that happened in book 2 I thought I was ready for the rollercoaster that is book three, I was very wrong.
Rachel has left Soldiers Cove for the city, believing it is best for her, Gavin and the baby she is carrying. Will everything be calm as she hopes or will more events happen to turn her world unside down? Her craving for blood is alomst at an all time high, as she finds the best of the worst to fill that need.
Then she meets Christina and everything changes. The once strong and proud Rachel has been relplaced by someone docile. Enter Gavin to try and get his woman back, but is he going to be too late to save Rachel this time?
This book has some jaw dropping revelations that I was not expecting at all. The cast of characters that I have come to love are all here, including one of my favorites in Duncan! The shocking things that happen as well as the more loving moments made it very hard to put this book down. While the book wrapped up a lot of issues going on, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want more from some of these characters! Well done Jessica!


BUY LINKS:
AMAZON 
B&N 

The Vampires Of Soldiers Cove: Progeny
 Blurb:
 As Ryan grows, Rachel and Gavin search for an answer as to his future. Their quest comes at a dangerous price, and a consequence that will change the dynamic of the entire clan.

My Review: 5 Panda's
  I fell in love with Jessica MacIntyre with the first Vampires Of Soldiers Cove book, and I have read everything she has written. All of it. So after falling in love with her characters too, this book was SO worth the wait. I told her with the first book that she was my Anne Rice, and I meant that, still do. Jessica is fearless with her characters, and know that they become a part of you as you keep them closer to you, it is a damn brave thing to let them take you where they need to go.
Rachel is a super strong main female lead. While she needs Gavin, she is strong in her own right. So many things are cleared up in this book and more questions are in need of answers. But the cast that I have come to love was all here. I freaking BAWLED, ugly cried, no lie. Can't tell you why, that'd just spoil it for you and no one likes that crap!
If you have not read this series I don't know what you are waiting for, go get it read it and then you can be the judge of if I am wrong.(I'm SO totally not wrong though!)
Jessica, great book. I cannot wait to have you put me through the ringer AGAIN.


BUY LINKS 
AMAZON 
B&N 

Want to keep up to date on this series? Here are some links to help! 
Author FB PAGE 
SERIES FB PAGE 
GOODREADS 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment