Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sia

Sia Cover with Blurb

Excerpt:

Trim walked protectively behind me, on guard after our confrontation. I dropped to my knees beside the young doe, gliding my hand over her nose and soothing her. I reached for the arrow and put her out of her misery. She squealed softly before her breath against my hand ceased. I looked to the blue sky, apologetic that she had been killed too soon. I gave thanks to her for the food that would feed my pack. I turned to Trim, grateful for his presence. “I neither like them nor trust them,” I spoke honestly.
“If you need me, you know I will be close,” Trim said, offering his hand to me to help me stand.

About Kia:

Kia Carrington-Russell is a young author working on her first series: "The Three Immortal Blades". Kia began writing at the age of fifteen in high school- finding that all her warped and strange dreams were giving her a fantastic new world- and since then she has never looked back.
Kia was born in a small town in Australia, moving around a lot at a young age until finding a stable town where she finished her schooling. Kia found herself enjoying and expressing herself through poetry, short stories and writing, photography, painting and drawing. All these mediums help Kia express the different world that she is so fond of.
In 'Senior Art' Kia focused on feminism and female empowerment; exposing through her work issues and concerns that many people would rather just "sweep under the rug".
In one art installation, Kia made a bed out of Pokémon cards- the concept being that when she slept a new world would come to life and it was the only one she saw and constantly lived in.
Kia now focuses on her photography, writing and self-help blogs on her website: 'Precious Living'.
Kia is now keenly working on "The Three Immortal Blades" series knowing that this book has to be shared with the world and that is what she aims to do now.
Kia writes in her Australian home, trying to focus at times on simply what is running through her head, as her cats either terrorize her legs as scratching posts or her puppy barks in her ear for play-time. And as she continues her series, they grow with her book.
Kia is strongly supported by her friends and family and thanks them dearly for being with her along the bumpy road and nothing would please her more than having your support as well.

Visit Kia Around the Web:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment